Eastern Kendo

A blog on the Eastern Kendo Club and Kendo related issues.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Jodan in Cleveland

To reflect on this past weekend's tournament let me begin by saying that everyone that participated was great. I was lucky enough this year to face another nito kendoist in my first match. It was great to have the opportunity to face someone new using nito. I scored a kote nuki men for the first point and then another men from there. It was great to face a strong kendoist and come away with a two point victory. I was then up against Onitsuka san and the fight was very competitive and balanced. I thought that I had him and was fairly confident in the way the match was going. As soon as I thought about that I went for kote and he scored with a kote nuki men. This has become the downfall for me and I really need to work on getting my kote a bit faster. The team matches were great because I got to fight alongisde my jodan sensei Sugawara sensei. He was gracious enough to be our chuken and we got through our first opponenet. I did what I could and tied the match to put us through on points. Then we faced Shidogaukiun DC and I was up against Kamata Sensei. He was extremely hard to face but, after he socred hiki do I was able to get a kote from him and it was great to score another kote in a tournament. Until the Family tournament. Thanks to Cleveland for hosting a great event. Cheers!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bear said...

Congratulations! It sounds like you were proud of your kendo.

11:26 AM  
Blogger eric said...

Thanks bear. I am always proud of Eastern Kendo. I just need to work on my own more.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Johnny X said...

Good job Eric! Ironically, I'll be practicing with Shidogakuin DC this summer (in a little more than a week actually) under the instruction of Kamata-sensei. I will relay to you as much as I can about his secrets/fighting style ;)

(This is John Xia from UofM by the way)

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home