Eastern Kendo

A blog on the Eastern Kendo Club and Kendo related issues.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Jodan in Detroit











This year at the Detroit tournament I was very happy with my jodan work. While I lost to my first opponent I did manage to score men which had the crowd in awe due to the fact that I was fighting Sandy Maruyama from team USA. I will never forget that ippon. It was a great feeling to even be in the same shiajo with him. On to the team matches, we did extremely well again this year and advanced to one spot before the court final. My jodan was very helpful again in accomplishing this. The highlight for me this year was scoring a men morote kote to bring the match back to a tie. I then proceeded to compete in the tie break Ippon shobu and lost to a hiki do. Man, that was upsetting but it was a great point and a deserving win. I would like to strongly thank Sugawara sensei for continually teaching me jodan in everything that he does. Argia sensei, from Ohio, also complimented my strength in jodan which left me with an extremely great feeling. all in all it was a great tournament. Cheers!






4 Comments:

Blogger nathan said...

I just happen to have a picture of that point... :-)

8:27 PM  
Blogger eric said...

Nathan, I am so happy that you got that fight recorded. Thank you. If you can talk to Jason about getting your pics onto the flikr account at our website that would be great. Thanks again for the pics. Nice work man.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Bear said...

It was quite a spectacle. Watching you made my wife say, "I like that body slam/punch thing that Eric does. When are you gonna learn that?"

I'm glad she's not a kendo groupie or I wouldn't be able to bring her to any more tournaments. ;)

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good pic, Nathan. Lookit them white flags standing up!

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home