Eastern Kendo

A blog on the Eastern Kendo Club and Kendo related issues.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Cleveland Recap

Congratulations to Grand Rapids/Battle Creek on their Championship win over JCCC! What a great day for Michigan kendo. It was an overall wonderful tournament, and much shorter this year. Congratulations to everyone who competed. Please relay your experience as a comment. From what I know, Nathan had his first win and John Ellison had multiple victories during the mudansha division. Jack fought hard throughout the day in multiple divisions and earned a lot of respect from the surrounding sensei's. Our team was lucky enough to fight with Hajime Sugawara sensei who has been a good friend to me for a long time. We had a great first match against Purdue and then faced Shidogakuin DC and went down on points. Everyone fought extremely hard and Eastern Kendo shone throughout the day. Thanks to everyone that came down and we will see everyone at the Family tournament. If you have any pictures or comments please feel free to add. Cheers!

4 Comments:

Blogger Bear said...

Did you win, Nathan? Way to go!

11:27 AM  
Blogger nathan said...

I won my first match, and then I doubted myself a bit and lost the second. Teams was exciting too. I was finished off by Chen with what looked like a very fast katsugi kote.

I have some videos of matches for Ken, Joe, John, Jack, and Eric.

Links:
A few photos

Eric's Matches
John's Match
Joe's Match
Ken's Match

(Videos are 12-15MB, Windows wmv format, Right Click/Save Link As)

2:59 PM  
Blogger eric said...

Man you are one quick guy with the uploads. Thanks Nathan. It was great to hang out with you at the banquet as well.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Nitojoe said...

What a great time, I would kill for a video clip of my team fights, the single elimination looks like someone nailed my feet to the ground...thanks Nathan :-P

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home