Eastern Kendo

A blog on the Eastern Kendo Club and Kendo related issues.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Jodan in Cleveland

Man was there a lot of jodan kamae in Cleveland. It seems to me that a lot of people in New York have caught the jodan bug. I even went up against a member of the Kendo World community in Ai jodan. He got me with a morote kote. Anyway, the tournament was great for me, the best I have done in Jodan yet. I was first to face Dr. Wu, who chose to go ito againts me instead of nito. I scored a katate men and, for the first time, katate kote. It was a great match. Then I went up against Mosoco from NYC in jodan as well. This was an excellent match. We were trying to find a weakness the entire way and he finally got a morote kote. I was very satisfied with these matches and felt that the loss was to a great kendoist. He went on to take third in the division. The team competition was great as well. I fought against Sasaki from University of Chicago and won on a morote kote from chudan. Then it was up against NYC kendo and I won with two hiki men, the first for me to score from a hiki waza. Overall it was a great time and jodan is feeling more and more comfortable the more I do it. The kamae is also starting to feel natural, not quite like chudan yet, but getting there. Cheers!

5 Comments:

Blogger Charlie Kondek said...

Excellent. So, morote-kote was working for you? I thought you prefered katate-kote. I mean, hey, whatever works! Did anybody get tape of that NYC fight that went into encho???

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not I, but thanks to Ken, I've put my videos to divx for reasonable sizes (10-50MB each). Uploading now... The list: Eric, Joe, Perry, Ken, Sadanori, Tim, David, and the team match with NYC.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Charlie Kondek said...

YOINK! Thanks, Nathan.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Charlie Kondek said...

DAYUM! Is that David holding his own against bigger kids and/or adults?? Looking good, David!

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone have any photos of Cleveland that I can link to on the eastern Site?

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home