Eastern Kendo

A blog on the Eastern Kendo Club and Kendo related issues.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Visit to Indi

This past weekend I visited my sensei in Indianapolis. It was a great time with a lot of keiko and work on jodan for me. The amount of items that I need to work on continues to grow and it seems to me that I am again a beginner at kendo and that is extremely exciting and frustrating all over again. One of the best parts of doing jodan is experiencing this feeling again. The main things we worked on was to control your opponent without seme at their throat and continued to work on being more confident in the kamae. After the first practice kareoke at Dr. Wu's house with lots of whiskey and your's truly singing Danny Boy with Dr. Wu. Kendo is great for all of these things combined. See everyone at practice. Cheers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Charlie Kondek said...

"...and your's truly singing Danny Boy with Dr. Wu..."

Oh, man, worth the price of admission!

11:15 AM  
Blogger eric said...

Yeah, that was great. I am thinking of investing in a machine just for Eastern parties,

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home