Eastern Kendo

A blog on the Eastern Kendo Club and Kendo related issues.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

1/24 practice

Hello all, Last night's practice was great. Thanks to everyone that made it out. We had a great turnout and the energy was extremely high throughout the practice. The continuation of compassion and sutemi is starting to come together for many people. Even the newest members of the bogu squad came along nicely. Nathan and Daniel nice job and look at that shiny bogu! Anyway, the Detroit taikai is coming up and we are all getting ready. Team seletions have already started to form in my head and I am working on people getting ready to test. More keiko and more sutemi are all I can ask for. This weekend will be my visit to my sensei for work on Jodan and hopefully an improvement on seme and waza. Hope to continue to see everyone at practice. Cheers!

3 Comments:

Blogger Charlie Kondek said...

Watching Nathan and David in their new bogu is pretty inspiring. The stiffness, that smell like machine oil, and then afterwards seeing them all sweaty and blue. Nathan especially got the rough treatment, being an adult, but he made me proud.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David had a great time, and he's anxious for the Detroit tournament.

The biggest frustation for me is that with the volleyball coaching during the week, I managed to get my wrist joint so bruised that I can't even stand get the kote on. It's going to be a miserable month...

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

grumble...auto-anonymous...

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home