Eastern Kendo

A blog on the Eastern Kendo Club and Kendo related issues.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Spring Break? Not for us!

Hey, guys. Just a quick note to say we should be unaffected by EMU's spring break, with runs 2/27 to 3/1. HOWEVER, if you show up at the gym and the facilities are closed for some unforeseen reason, we'll meet over at the Tower Inn for some biiru-geiko. Sound good? Get my cell number and Abbey-sensei's cell number if you don't have it.

Also, I wanted to let you know that there's a great online resource for kendo info called The Cyber Dojo. It's run by Hiro Imafuji, a godan from Japan-Australia who also practiced in Latin America and is now in Indiana. A lot of good info for beginners and advanced people alike - if you're not a subscriber, think about becoming one, because there are benefits to being a subscriber, some great content. I know I frequently give the noobs "homework" and this site can help with that. I get a lot out of it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is James Kirk. I have been trying to find a way to contact you guys but your page leaves no email address. I am thinking of joining the club in the Spring; I would have this semester but my schedule did not allow for practises. Please contact me at strawfootjim@aol.com, as I have some questions for you. Thank you so much.

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the post about the Cyber Dojo. I am quite new in the US kendo world so your blog is very helpful for me to know what is going on.

One day we can get together and train, ey!


Cheers,


Hiro

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home